The game starts with 40 gasoline and $25,000. Every batch of crops/goods sold requires 1 gasoline, or more if you are located further from the city. It is therefore important to maximise your revenue from each trip, because wheat/cotton/sugarcane sales are not sustainable forever!
Beginning wool rush
- Sell (animal) Feed, not Wheat.
- Reason: Revenue maximisation. Feed sells for $3,400, while Wheat sells for $3,000.
- Build 2 pairs of Feed Mill and Feed Trough near the Silo. Feed Mill: for turning Wheat into Feed; Feed Trough: for placing Feed.
- Start building Ranch House. Ranch House workers collect the Wheat from Silo, place it in the Feed Mill, and in the Feed Trough when ready.
- Rearrange/plant 1-2 more Wheat Fields if necessary, to speed up Feed production.
- Once Feed production is sped up and better balanced, more Feed Mills, Troughs and Ranch Houses can be built.
- Optional: If money is low, you may clear Ponds (strategically) to receive $5,000 for each Pond [insert link] cleared.
- Ponds cost $20,000 and 10 Water [insert link] to build, so clear wisely.
- Clear Ponds in locations where you will use for Industrial uses or building your workers’ houses.
- Prepare for Wool [insert link] production.
- Build a Storehouse, which stores Wool.
- Continue selling Feed and/or Wheat (if Silo overflows) to earn money.
- Build 1st Sheep Pen.
- Balancing: Continue monitoring Wood, Feed and Wheat production, and ramp up number of Sheep Pens to 2 or 3 once production of these 3 is stable. Can also start to upgrade roads if money is available.
- Prepare for Gasoline production.
When do we start to prepare for gasoline production?
A good place would be when you are down to around 20-25 gasoline, as you would likely have enough funds to start things off.
So many buildings and equipment are required for gasoline production! What do I buy first?
Isn’t everything super expensive? A refinery costs $15,000, a paved road costs $10,000, a water facility (for producing water drums) costs $10,000. Where do you get the money to do so? I made the fatal/bankrupting mistake of building the refinery first, which labour cost $200/minute, and I couldn’t last 10 minutes after that and needed to restart!
- Warehouse (to store Energy) – $10,000 + Worker House (collects Energy from Wind Turbine, and Crude Oil from Oil Pump) – $2,500
- Wind Turbine (to produce Energy) – $2,500, 1 Wood
- Oil Pump (to produce Crude Oil) – $1,250, 3 Wood
- Water Facility (to produce Water Drum for production of Petroleum and Gasoline in Refinery) – $10,000; this can be replaced by Water Pump at a later part of the game. Water Pump needs to be attached to a Pond
- Refinery (for production of Petroleum and Gasoline) – $15,000, paved road, 3 Wood
*Buildings in Steps 1-4 require a dirt road ($250 to build). Dirt road can be upgraded to paved road for an additional $9,750.
My Jan 2022 build and beyond
- For a stable economy, I have 5 Sheep Pens, 7 Feed Mills, 3 Troughs and 6 Ranch ATVs. (These can be increased as you progress.)
- My planned end-game for a Forest location without river is Uniform production. (As of 1 Mar 2022, Uniforms give 5600 stars per batch.)
- So after wool and gasoline production are stable, the next steps will be to:
- Plant 2-3 cotton fields to produce Cotton Yarn. Build more Silos to store Cotton, if needed.
- Build Fabric Plants in multiples of 5, ideally in a 1 Uniform: 1 Wool Yarn: 3 Cotton Yarn ratio
- Build Power Plants to provide passive energy to the Fabric Plants.
- Build 2 Lumber Mills to every 5 Fabric Plants, and 1 Lumber Yard to store Wood and Lumber
- Build more Warehouses to store Uniforms, Cotton Yarn and Wool Yarn, if needed.
Source for featured image: https://learntownstar.com/beginners-guide/how-to-make-gasoline/how-to-make-gasoline/